Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Laos

So my buddies Christoph and Julius, with whom I went to school in Germany, are travelling around southeast asia for the next few months!  They're actually in Thailand now- they got in last week- and we're planning on meeting up in Laos next weekend.

Christoph on the right, Julius in the middle.  I'm on the left ;)

Laos is one of five remaining communist countries and borders Thailand to the East.  It was formerly a french protectorate, which isn't surprising when you hear the name of its capital, Vientiane.  Here's Laos:

Laos spoons Thailand

We'll be meeting in Luang Prabang (which, according to wikipedia, means "Royal Buddha Image (in the Dispelling Fear mudra)").  Luang Prabang is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and well known for its many temples and monasteries

I dont know too much more about it now, but I'm sure I'll know more soon... stay tuned!
.  


No comments:

Post a Comment