So I'm sitting at the Queen Alia International Airport in Amman, Jordan.
Jordan is a small country sandwiched between Israel and Saudi Arabia, just east of Egypt. It has about 6.5 million inhabitant, including the 1.9 million who live in Amman, the capital.
|That's here !|
The flight wasn't too bad-- I had the whole 2-seat row to myself, so I could spread out a bit. Also, they gave me this spiffy 7-up, which I drank while eating a delicious turkey-and-avocado sandwich:
My layover is about 9 hours. I considered leaving the airport and touring the city, but a couple things stopped me:
- It's already 6 at night on a Wednesday. In a few hours, there won't be much more to do
- There's a $~30 visa I would need to purchase to leave the airport
- Cab fare is $20 in both directions
- It's snowing! Apparently, this doesn't happen often, but when it does it's a big deal and everybody goes to grocery stories and buys up water bottles and bread and duct tape in case there's a national emergency and everyone dies.
- that's probably exaggerating a little bit.
In any case, the internet that I'm mooching from the VIP lounge upstairs is not particularly good, so I'm going to sign off. All the best!